Highland Opening

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Dann Ellenwood

Re: Highland Opening

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

Jimbo23 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:45 pm
Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 pm
Jimbo23 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:11 pm
Sorry. For someone pubbing someone up as much as you are (right/wrong/indifferent), how did you not know he was at Munster as the OC?

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-sc ... a9a97.html

https://www.chicagotribune.com/2019/06/ ... rogram/For
Can't read the times article, headline says "teaching position" though (which I was under the impression was the reason) and I swear that's all I remember from the article when I read it back when it came out. Also never shook hands with him from 2019-2021 after a game with him wearing Mustang red. Either missed him or he wasn't there. Tribune article takes me to a James Bond/ 007 article.... While enjoyable, not what I expected to see. Lol
Thank you. I corrected my previous post and reposted the link.
Nobody beats Sir Sean Connery. :)

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

That Chicago Tribune article was an eye opener. It did bring to light some of the falling from grace Griffith sustained in the move from NCC to GSSC.

Nur
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:42 pm
Jimbo23 wrote:
Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 pm

Sorry. For someone pubbing someone up as much as you are (right/wrong/indifferent), how did you not know he was at Munster as the OC?

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-sc ... a9a97.html

https://www.chicagotribune.com/2019/06/ ... rogram/For
Can't read the times article, headline says "teaching position" though (which I was under the impression was the reason) and I swear that's all I remember from the article when I read it back when it came out. Also never shook hands with him from 2019-2021 after a game with him wearing Mustang red. Either missed him or he wasn't there. Tribune article takes me to a James Bond/ 007 article.... While enjoyable, not what I expected to see. Lol
All good! The tribune article did allow me to read and to be honest, if I remember correctly, it provided much more details than "The Times" one so thank you for that, Dann. The Trib article did state that, "Geffert didn’t return my calls or texts and Munster wouldn’t confirm he’s going to be hired as a coach." They later state in the article that his LinkedIn says he was planning on coaching there in 2019. Gonna have to ask the man himself and get back to you on my "Munster miss." Lol LinkedIn has been tricky in here for me today (at work) for some reason.

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

Jimbo23 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:03 pm
Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:42 pm
Jimbo23 wrote:

All good! The tribune article did allow me to read and to be honest, if I remember correctly, it provided much more details than "The Times" one so thank you for that, Dann. The Trib article did state that, "Geffert didn’t return my calls or texts and Munster wouldn’t confirm he’s going to be hired as a coach." They later state in the article that his LinkedIn says he was planning on coaching there in 2019. Gonna have to ask the man himself and get back to you on my "Munster miss." Lol LinkedIn has been tricky in here for me today (at work) for some reason.
You are welcome.

footballwrestler

Post by footballwrestler »

https://www.ccsjathletics.com/sports/sp ... en_Geffert

Past Professional Experience in Sport/Coaching:

4 Year Letter Winner at Indiana State University -2007-2011

Assistant Coach at Highland High School – 2012-2013

Assistant Coach at Munster High School – 2013-14

Defensive Coordinator at Griffith High School – 2014-15

Head Football Coach at Griffith High School – 2015-2019

Offensive Coordinator at Munster High School – 2019-2021

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

I wonder who will take his place at CCSJ?

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

footballwrestler wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:00 pm
https://www.ccsjathletics.com/sports/sp ... en_Geffert

Past Professional Experience in Sport/Coaching:

4 Year Letter Winner at Indiana State University -2007-2011

Assistant Coach at Highland High School – 2012-2013

Assistant Coach at Munster High School – 2013-14

Defensive Coordinator at Griffith High School – 2014-15

Head Football Coach at Griffith High School – 2015-2019

Offensive Coordinator at Munster High School – 2019-2021
Appreciate this Mr. Wrestler. I stand corrected on the Munster stretch. To respond to Warrior on the Munster front now, I think we can both agree Munster has (and had then) a plethora of problems going on when it comes to the Stangs football program. He joined the staff during the "lets try to throw it around phase" of Munster football (abysmal stretch) which the head coach was pressured to do (from what I've gathered), and then 2 seasons later (2021), they're back in a triple option offense (and improved from 2020). So while the Munster stretch is the worst of his career, it could've been much worse. Idk whose idea it was to go back to the ground game but it made the Stangs more competitive than they were in 2019 and 2020.

I would also say that the development and growth of student athletes falls on the shoulders of the head coach and strength coach (if school has one). School culture in terms of sharing of athletes plays a huge role as well. Never been apart of the Munster building so I don't know how that dynamic works but bottom line, don't think we can throw all the bad Munster offense on solely the OC. I imagine a lot more goes into them being the way they've been.

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

Jimbo, you are truly the guru of Region HS Football.... what is the secret of your acumen?

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

VPISU wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:13 am
Jimbo, you are truly the guru of Region HS Football.... what is the secret of your acumen?
Far from it but the "secret" is "rubbing a lot of elbows," with a lot of folks, from a lot of places, for a long stretch of time. Lol

Hanovergrad2019

Post by Hanovergrad2019 »

warrior wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:36 pm
I have not looked at the data in as detailed a way as you have. Ironically, when you look at it from a distance it seems like NWI is seeing a bit of a football Renaissance given CP and Valpo becoming relevant in 6A/5A and what looks like a high number of D1 signings as opposed to previous decades. But, numbers don't lie.
Just curious why does everyone overlook merrillville. They have been the most consistent team in the entire area. Yes Valpo has a state title. And crown point has been there. But NOONE in region history has been to as many semistates in the last decade as merrillville. They have what? 5 in the last 6 years?