Brickie Bowl

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
paintballer

Brickie Bowl

Post by paintballer »

It's a pipe dream but it would be great if somehow Hobart as a town could somehow revamp the Brickie Bowl and make it suitable for games again. Not for playing at every week but for a conference championship game if one comes to fruition naturally via the schedule or for sectional, regional, and/or semi-state championship games.

Wishful thinking I know but man I know anyone who had the opportunity to play in front of a packed house there or attend a packed game there it was an electric place to be.

Jimbo23

Re: Brickie Bowl

Post by Jimbo23 »

paintballer wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 pm
It's a pipe dream but it would be great if somehow Hobart as a town could somehow revamp the Brickie Bowl and make it suitable for games again. Not for playing at every week but for a conference championship game if one comes to fruition naturally via the schedule or for sectional, regional, and/or semi-state championship games.

Wishful thinking I know but man I know anyone who had the opportunity to play in front of a packed house there or attend a packed game there it was an electric place to be.
Top 2 High School football atmospheres I experienced as a player. The ONLY game with a better atmosphere for me personally was a playoff game in front of a large crowd once upon a time. But playing vs Hobart on a Homecoming night at the Brickie Bowl was unforgettable.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

It would be amazing. I went to my first ever high school football game there probably in 1985 or 86. I had a cousin that played for them back then and got to go to all their games in the championship year of 87. I was 12 years old and it was electric. I can still feel the place shaking and hearing that train go by. Nothing like it.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

BallinFreak wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:35 pm
It would be amazing. I went to my first ever high school football game there probably in 1985 or 86. I had a cousin that played for them back then and got to go to all their games in the championship year of 87. I was 12 years old and it was electric. I can still feel the place shaking and hearing that train go by. Nothing like it.
One of a kind place, truly.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

BallinFreak wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:35 pm
How could I forget mentioning the train coming by. Was amazing in game when it went by.