Early region top 10 predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
paintballer

Re: Early region top 10 predictions

Post by paintballer »

Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:41 pm

I mean does anyone actually see Morton as a threat? Because I don’t even think they are a top 5 team in DAC… I’m not even sure they could beat Andrean/hobart/hanover central/lowell
I'm still patiently waiting on the portage transfer names. I also ranked them lower than you and below every single team you stated that they would lose to. Did anyone read what I wrote about Morton or just see them on a top 10 and start blindly rage typing? :lol:

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

Jimbo23 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:42 am
paintballer wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:18 pm
Region Don wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:48 pm

5. I don't get the Schreiber love. I get the fact that he had 2 nice seasons at West Side, but he did have some legit talent playing for him. I actually am more impressed with the job Boz has done since Schreiber left. I've stated it before that Schreiber doesn't deserve that gig. He was the DC for a team that gave up almost 50 to KV!

8. Didn't KV lose to Munster?! Competitive against Hobart, but got the doors blown off against HC and lost to Munster.

10. Most over-hyped program in the area! They'll never beat Merrillville. All they do on offense is chuck it deep. Still can't block anyone.
You stated early the original top ten was fairly accurate but contains both Morton and Munster. So which one is it? An accurate top ten or is Munster trash and you can use them as a criticism of the KV ranking? Is Morton overrated or apart of an accurate top ten?
Maybe he liked my top ten more with Morton ranked... higher?... Lmao :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

paintballer wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:57 pm
Hanovergrad2019 wrote:

I mean does anyone actually see Morton as a threat? Because I don’t even think they are a top 5 team in DAC… I’m not even sure they could beat Andrean/hobart/hanover central/lowell
I'm still patiently waiting on the portage transfer names. I also ranked them lower than you and below every single team you stated that they would lose to. Did anyone read what I wrote about Morton or just see them on a top 10 and start blindly rage typing? :lol:
The problem is as soon as some folks SEE or HEAR the name "Morton" they immediately start blindly rage typing, or talking. Even when they themselves believe they're as talented, good, or as bad as you do. Lol

CPbulldogs2024

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

Jimbo23 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:14 pm
paintballer wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:57 pm
Hanovergrad2019 wrote:

The problem is as soon as some folks SEE or HEAR the name "Morton" they immediately start blindly rage typing, or talking. Even when they themselves believe they're as talented, good, or as bad as you do. Lol

I don’t know if I agree with the idea Morton is bad. I mean they produce some great d1 talent. But outside of the D1 talent I feel like the staff doesn’t work with any of the other kids.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

How many D1 kids has Morton produced in the last five years? Names and schools please?

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

Here we go:

Octavous Johnson - Grand Canyon University

Jebediah Smith-Jones - PUF

John Smith - Longwood University

David Dinglenoffer - LeMoyne College

Zecheriah Schnyeider - Northern Kentucky University

Walter Smythe - George Mason University

Howard Plushbottom - Roanoke College

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

That’s good!! Hilarious!

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 12:44 pm
How many D1 kids has Morton produced in the last five years? Names and schools please?
Dierre Kelly - Bowling Green (Note: Playing as a Senior at Merrillville DOES NOT mean Merrillville "produced him.")

Jojo Johnson - Notre Dame --> Iowa Western --> Indiana University (Note: Playing as a Senior at Merrillville DOES NOT mean Merrillville "produced him.")

Phyllip Gunn - Ball State University --> TBD (Believe headed to a smaller D-1 or a D-2) (Note: Playing as a Senior at Merrillville DOES NOT mean Merrillville "produced him.")

Also pretty sure that CPBulldog is referring to their current division 1 talent as...

Lebron Hill - 14 Division 1 Offers (0 offers before arriving at Morton)

Freddie Brown - 7 Division 1 Offers

Holland Harris - Bowling Green and Grand Valley State Offers (0 offers before arriving at Morton)

So by my count, that's 5, possibly 6, in the last 5 years. Even if you don't want to count the "incoming transfers" of Hill and Harris, that still makes 4...

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Either you count the transfers out and not count transfers in or vice a versa, but you can’t count them all. Also Phillip Gunn played 2 years at Andrean, one year at Morton and one year at Merrillville so he should not count as Morton or Merrillville by you statement on developing.

So using your method, I count 3 with one having offers but no commitment yet.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 1:41 pm
Either you count the transfers out and not count transfers in or vice a versa, but you can’t count them all. Also Phillip Gunn played 2 years at Andrean, one year at Morton and one year at Merrillville so he should not count as Morton or Merrillville by you statement on developing.

So using your method, I count 3 with one having offers but no commitment yet.
I forgot about Gunn's beginnings. That's on me. If we're going with transfers out count and transfers in do not, then you are correct, and we'll call it 3.

Although, I do believe it is tough to argue that Morton did not "produce" Harris and Hill given their football credentials and experience prior to enrolling at Oliver P. Morton High School. For example, if Jojo Johnson and Dierre Kelly were "offerless" or "no names" in the recruiting/ football world when they left Morton I would call them "Merrillville products" by the definition I'm using for this topic (D-1 talent produced). Not calling you wrong or being argumentative, just fostering some good conversation on a Monday morning.