Early region top 10 predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Region Don

Re: Early region top 10 predictions

Post by Region Don »

A lot to absorb in this thread...

1. Don't worry about providing Portage names cause no one cares about Portage football. Roy Richards is an excellent coach and deserves better, but the over/under for W's on the Warpath is set at 1.5.

2. As for the clowns over at the Governors Shack, I'm sure the WR and LB are probably getting a HS NIL considering the crooks that are running that program so, if I had to bet, they're not going anywhere. Although, playing football at M'ville is definitely the move.

3. Coach Skinner is not leaving Andrean. The name to look at for IF the M'ville job becomes open is Brian Parker. Former assistant for both Wells and Seiss.

4. As for the original post of the top 10, I believe it's fairly accurate.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

Region Don wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:09 pm

1. Don't worry about providing Portage names cause no one cares about Portage football. Roy Richards is an excellent coach and deserves better, but the over/under for W's on the Warpath is set at 1.5.

2. As for the clowns over at the Governors Shack, I'm sure the WR and LB are probably getting a HS NIL considering the crooks that are running that program so, if I had to bet, they're not going anywhere. Although, playing football at M'ville is definitely the move.

3. Coach Skinner is not leaving Andrean. The name to look at for IF the M'ville job becomes open is Brian Parker. Former assistant for both Wells and Seiss.

1. He doesn't have them to provide. Portage people care, a very little, but someone cares. Lol I'll take Over the 1.5.

2. A lot of people like to call those guys clowns but not a lot of people know those guys. A LOT of folks wouldn't say it to their faces either, which I find comical. Safe bet by you on them (the players mentioned) not going anywhere. If you ACTUALLY knew those guys/ SCH inner workings though, you'd know they barely have money for coaches let alone NIL money for players. Funny joke though.

3. Agreed. I think they'll explore other candidates as well but I think Parker is higher on the Pirate wish list as well.

4. If we're talking the poll that started this thread, I'll politely disagree. If we're talking Jimbo's poll, I will agree with bias. Lol

Former Region Guy

Post by Former Region Guy »

Region Don wrote:

Top post of all time, Laird can come out of retirement to shut down the message board now.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

scarab527 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:40 pm
1. CP - Buz has established them as the best program in the area. We'll see how they follow-up their state run. Regular season should be 8-1 or 7-2 at the very worst. Big thing will be to make another deep postseason run to prove last year wasn't a fluke.

2. Merrillville - Best of the rest. But right now I think there's a big gap between CP and the rest of the Region. Can they finally make a state run before Seiss inevitably leaves?

3. Valpo - They'll plug kids in and be a force again.

4. Hanover Central - Undisputed top dogs of the smaller schools in the Region. Preseason favorites for the NCC.

5. Michigan City - Disappointing season last year but there's talent here and a coaching staff with another year together. Jury is still out though.

6. Chesterton - Think they bounce back from last year. Whether they can be anything more than middle of the pack in the DAC is hard to say though.

7. Hobart - They don't bring a ton back, but they were the only NCC team to give Hanover a game last year, so I'll slot them in as #2 in the NCC for now.

8. Andrean - Coming off one of the worst seasons on 5959 Broadway in forever. Schedule is tough and they're looking at 6-3 at the very best, but more likely something like 5-4 or 4-5. Success of the season will be determined by the post season run.

9. Lowell - Down season, but still one of the better programs in the area who always needs to be respected.

10. Morton - Lots of talent, games against Portage and Chesterton to start we'll show quickly if that talent equals good football team.
I skimmed right over this due to some other pressing issues. Lol but I don't hate this list at all. Fair list and giving some folks the benefit of the doubt feels honest to me.

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

Former Region Guy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:54 pm
Region Don wrote:

Top post of all time, Laird can come out of retirement to shut down the message board now.
Too busy over on Broadway....

CPbulldogs2024

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

Not to disagree with anyone about it Brian Parker on the list… wasn’t he forced out by merrillville? Could have sworn I read somewhere a while back that seiss wanted a different OC because Parker and him didn’t see eye to eye! I coukd be wrong but I don’t think Parker would go back if he was forced out.. pirates need to get rid of there OC now! He has taken them to 3 semistates and he never shows up there. Pirates defense always does there job but the offense falls flat. Think that OC gets a big head in games they are the better team (outside region) and I’m starting to think it’s the OC and DC and of the players. Seiss is probably the best coach in the region outside of buz. But I concur 👍

Region Don

Post by Region Don »

CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:19 pm
Not to disagree with anyone about it Brian Parker on the list… wasn’t he forced out by merrillville? Could have sworn I read somewhere a while back that seiss wanted a different OC because Parker and him didn’t see eye to eye! I coukd be wrong but I don’t think Parker would go back if he was forced out.. pirates need to get rid of there OC now! He has taken them to 3 semistates and he never shows up there. Pirates defense always does there job but the offense falls flat. Think that OC gets a big head in games they are the better team (outside region) and I’m starting to think it’s the OC and DC and of the players. Seiss is probably the best coach in the region outside of buz. But I concur 👍
This is inaccurate. One of your current assistants at CP was the OC forced out. Parker was promoted to OC.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

I've heard that Seiss's replacement is already in waiting on staff...

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

scarab527 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:58 pm
Yet another whisper that further proves my point. I'll eat the crow, as they say, if I'm wrong about this one (Skinner being Merrillville's automatic shoo-in hire SHOULD Brad Seiss leave) later but similar to the transfers mentioned previously (where I vouched to retire from this lovely board, if wrong), I highly doubt I'm wrong.

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

Jimbo23 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:57 am
scarab527 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:58 pm
Yet another whisper that further proves my point. I'll eat the crow, as they say, if I'm wrong about this one (Skinner being Merrillville's automatic shoo-in hire SHOULD Brad Seiss leave) later but similar to the transfers mentioned previously (where I vouched to retire from this lovely board, if wrong), I highly doubt I'm wrong.
I know there is little chance of that happening... it would be a sad day if you leave. Much like the demise of Hokie Bob. I see some of his stuff on Harrell's but not so much here.